Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Finding for Science Investigations!

Last week I went to a science training and one of the things our county does is Long Term Investigations. 
 A long term investigation basically needs to last more than one week.  

One of the ideas they shared with us I want to share with you! 

They called it Grow Gator because we got to take home a gator they purchased for us but at Michael's I found all these great Grow Me animals that the students are going to LOVE!!!! 

They were only $2.00 a piece.......$2.00 a PIECE!!! 

 I found mine in the sale section so you might have to ask someone for help.

I think I am going to let table groups of students have an animal and they will  come up with their own investigation.  They will have to decide what kind of liquid to put them in, predict how big they will get, keep a journal of observations for at least 2 weeks. 
 I think it will be cool for all my students to be able to see all the animals!

1 comment:

  1. That is fun! I bought some of those tablets with sponges in them (you know what I mean?) and I ended up not using them last year, but I thought it would be fun to have the kids predict what would happen when we put them in water and then do some writing about their sponge animal!

    ReplyDelete