Thursday, July 7, 2011

Goals for the SUMMER!

Now that I kind of have this blog started and feeling my way around I need to start working on my summer goals!  One thing that I would like to accomplish is revamping my Word Study!  I have been hunting around on some of my favorite teacher's websites and I LOVE what Beth Newingham is doing for her word study.  If you haven't checked it out, she has gone into detail of what she does for her 3rd graders. I too do not want my students just to memorize words for their weekly test.  I want them to learn patterns and be able to apply it to words they come across to and be able to figure them out!!  Take a look at her blog that goes into details at http://blogs.scholastic.com/top_teaching/2010/10/my-november-top-ten-list-word-study-in-action.html

So now comes the hard part of developing lists for my second graders!

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment